Athens Transit will operate on a weekend schedule for Christmas Eve, with no Athens bus service in the evening and none on Christmas Day. Almost all non-emergency Athens-Clarke County government offices are closing after today for the holiday long weekend and most Athens-Clarke County government services will operate on a limited basis.
On the Athens-Clarke Co government website…
- Adoption Center
- Open Thursday, December 23 at usual hours.
- Closed Friday December 24 and Saturday December 25 for foster families, adoptions and rescues.
- Animal Services is offering the Couch Crashers program for the Adoption Center Pet Weekend during the Holidays from December 23/24 through January 3/4. For more details, visit www.accgov.com/fosterapet.
- Field services
- Field services will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday. December 23.
- Emergency calls will only begin Thursday, December 23 at 4:00 p.m. through Sunday, December 26. Normal hours of operation will resume on Monday, December 27 at 8:00 a.m.
- Emergency services such as an animal bite, a seriously ill or injured animal, or an animal trapped inside a home’s living space will be provided throughout the holiday by calling 911.
For more information, contact Animal Services at 706-613-3540 or www.accgov.com/animalservices.
- Closed from Thursday December 23 to Saturday December 25. Reopening on Sunday December 26 during normal opening hours.
- Open for self-contained use Thursday, December 23 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25. Reopening on Sunday, Dec. 26. during normal business hours.
For more information, contact the Recreation Services Department at 706-613-3625 or visit www.accgov.com/recreation.
- Residential and Commercial (outside downtown area) Garbage and recycling collected by the Athens-Clarke County Solid Waste Department will be collected on a regular schedule the week of December 20-24.
- Monday-Friday pickup days will be collected on the normal day (Monday-Monday, Tuesday-Tuesday, Wednesday-Wednesday, Thursday-Thursday, Friday-Friday).
- Residential and Commercial (inside downtown area) the garbage and recycling service will not be collected on Saturday December 25, but will be collected regularly on other days.
- Leaf and member will collect the week of December 20 to 24 in zone E and will start collecting in zone F.
- the dump will be open on Thursday, December 23 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and closed on Friday, December 24 and Saturday, December 25. It will resume normal hours on Monday, December 27.
- the Charm will be closed on Saturday, December 25 and will resume normal hours on Tuesday, December 28. The CHaRM is only open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Solid Waste Offices will be closed on Thursday December 23 and Friday December 24 and will resume normal hours on Monday December 27.
- the Material recycling facility is open on Thursday December 23 and Friday December 24. It is closed on Saturday, December 25 and resumes regular hours on Monday, December 27.
For more information, contact the Solid Waste Department at 706-613-3501 or visit www.accgov.com/solidwaste.
- Public transit will offer a weekend schedule on Friday, December 24. Evening service will not be offered.
- Transit will be closed on Saturday, December 25.
- Transit lines 12 and 14 run every hour every other day until January 7.
For more information, contact the Transit Department at 706-613-3430 or visit www.accgov.com/transit.
All departmental general administrative offices and facilities (City Hall, Courthouse, Satula Avenue Building, Dougherty Street Governmental Building) will be closed on Thursday December 23 and Friday December 24. Normal business hours will resume on Monday, December 27.
©2021 Cox Media Group