SP chief condemns Sisodia residence raids, says ‘Government agencies are part of BJP Mahagathbandhan’ – ThePrint – ANIFeed

0

Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India]Aug 19 (ANI): Samajwadi party leader Sunil Yadav has condemned the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raid on the residence of Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia which is being carried out in a case of excise policy.

“All government agencies, as Akhilesh Yadav puts it, are now part of the BJP’s Mahagathbandhan, but the government must not forget the consequences that any dictator faces; this government will also face the same,” Yadav said.

Mocking the central government, Yadav said the government is trying to threaten those who speak out against the Bharatiya Janata Party.

“The BJP sends the ED, CBI and income tax to those who speak out against the government and whom they think they can beat. All these government agencies are now part of the government,” Yadav said.

He further said that inflation and unemployment rate are higher than ever and the public is now against the BJP government.

Earlier this morning, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrived at the residence of Delhi MP CM Manish Sisodia as part of the investigative agency’s raids on 21 locations across Delhi and the capital region national.

The raids are being carried out in seven states across the country as part of the CBI’s investigation into alleged irregularities in the formulation and execution of Delhi’s excise policy introduced in November 2021. The CBI has registered an FIR at this regard.

A senior CBI official informed, “Raids are being carried out at 21 locations in Delhi and the NCR, including the residence of Manish Sisodia and the premises of four officials in the excise policy case.”

Sisodia took to Twitter to post, “CBI has arrived. We are honest and build a future for thousands of children. Too bad that in this country anyone who does a good job is harassed like this, which is why our country is still not number 1.”

“Welcome to the CBI. I will cooperate with the investigation so that the truth comes out as soon as possible. So far many complaints have been filed against me, but nothing has come out. Nothing will come of it either. My work cannot be stopped for a good education in the country,” Sisodia tweeted.

Earlier in July, Lieutenant Governor VK Saxena recommended a CBI investigation into Delhi’s revamped excise policy. He approved the suspension of 11 civil servants for “misconduct” in the implementation of the 2021-22 excise policy.

Sisodia tweeted today that the allegations made against him and Delhi’s Health Minister Satyendar Jain were not true.

“These people are disturbed by the excellent work of education and health in Delhi. This is why Delhi’s Minister of Health and Minister of Education are on the radar so that the good work of education and health can be stopped,” Sisodia wrote.

Asked about the CBI raids at the Deputy CM’s residence, National Aam Aadmi Party official Arvind Kejriwal responded in a tweet saying they would cooperate fully with the investigations.

“CBI is welcome. We will provide our full cooperation. Searches/raids also took place earlier, but nothing was found. Nothing will be found now either,” Kejriwal tweeted, mentioning that the CBI raided his residence the day the photo of the Delhi model and Manish Sisodia appeared on the front page of America’s largest newspaper, the New York Times. (ANI)

This report is generated automatically from the ANI news service. ThePrint declines all responsibility for its content.

Share.

Comments are closed.